Sunday 17 January 2010

Sunday Snapshot #2

I finally made a decision on the "pastel princess" colourway. While it would look sweet on Maddy, I didn't like the yarn carrying look on the front button band (shown here) and because the skeins were so different I had to alternate skeins.



So I ripped and reskeined:


Overdyed and hung out to dry (excuse the yard work going on in the background - we will have a new lawned play area there soon):


Still drying, this is what it looks like now:

No sewing this week, just getting back into the swing of things as I returned to work and celebrated a birthday on Wednesday, went out Thursday night and needed to wind down with some knitting on Friday. Madelyn's little tulip top is coming along nicely - the back is all done, and it's going to look very sweet I think.

5 comments:

Dani said...

Happy belated birthday to you!
Love the new colour, can't wait to see the masterpeice it becomes.

Susan said...

Have to say I prefer the new colour. I love purple - it is my favourite colour! Susan

Kylie said...

The purple looks great - hope that you have a good second week of work and Happy Birthday for Wednesday.

Gay McDonell said...

That colour is very impressive!

Unknown said...

I love that new colour. I hope you had a great birthday.