Saturday 5 December 2009

Buying handmade

I recently discovered this gorgeous romper and hat set on etsy (at ChewChews Closet), and just had to have it! I was actually looking for romper patterns as it seems here in Australia rompers only go up to size 0 and same for our sewing patterns for baby things. Apparently Madelyn is too big to wear baby rompers and only dresses seem to come in her size, but she still hates wearing dresses since she can't walk and they get right in the way of her turbo crawling.


The photos are rather dodgy as it's so hard taking photos of TurboBaby, and she has now decided that backdrops are for pulling down. Wish me luck on my Christmas card photo - I have decided not to use a backdrop for that but get the kids outside in teh garden instead.

You can see the goregous romper and hat, although these blurry photos do them no justice. Darcy did the most wonderful job making them for my Maddy and there is still plenty of room for growth. (I just wish I could keep the straps done up as she is just TOOO active at the moment).




5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous outfit!

I think the backyard is the go for photos, my two like to pull down backdrops too. The smile on the last picture of Maddy is just beautiful!

I wonder how many of these great pictures of our children we would fail to capture if it were not for blogging our craft and the craft of others....?

Unknown said...

Adorable outfit and great photos!

Emma said...

What a gorgeous outfit! Lucky girl!

kerttunenko said...

Absolutely great set! Looks wonderful.

Sereknitty said...

Unbelieveably cute!