Saturday 21 March 2009

Do the Dinosaur Roar

Yesterday while stuck to the couch feeding Madelyn, I put an SD card on top of a mobile phone, thinking "That is going to get lost". I just sat it on top of the phoe to remind me to put it away once I'd finished feeding, but when I put Madelyn down to bed, I came back and it had vanished. A whole months worth of photos of my rapidly changing girl, and antics of my boy. We hunted high and low and finally gave up thinking it must have fallen between two of the lounge chair modules, which are cleverly locked together and we can't remember (or access) how to unlatch them.

But this morning just as I crouched down next to Austy to see if I could find out where it went from him (suspecting little fingers may have taken off with it) I spied it! There on the floor next to his toys.




So now I can show you what I made for the EB clothing swap, gifted to Marie's Scott.

A pair of rich chocolate cords, made from a thick cord fabric with pockets on front and back, and "ROAR" appliqued on the back of one leg. All the topstitching is the same colour blue as the t-shirt sleeves.




And an appliqued t-shirt, my very first embroidery machine applique! I finally braved it, and loved it so much I made that cupcake top for Maddy immediately afterwards. I used ribbing to match the cords, and the topsititching from the twin needle used one thread blue (on the chocolate bands) and one thread chocolate (on the white or blue stretch knit). The dinosaur fabric is the same as that used in the front pocket linings on the pants. Both patterns were from Ottobre 4/06. I ommitted the knee patches in the pants, because I couldn't find any chocolate flannel, and Scott is walking now anyway, but wouldn't you know it - after I finished them I found some blue flannel scraps left over from portacot fitted sheets I made Austy as a baby, that would have been fine (the flannel goes on the inside of the pants so a bit of contrast is okay).



Marie has posted some photos of her little cutie modelling them too - you can see them here.

4 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Terrific job on the t-shirt and pants -- love the chocolate cord fabric!

Susan said...

Love the reverse applique especially. Will have to venture a bit and give it a go! Susan

Karen said...

Joy this is adorable - your attention to coordinating the details and colour selection is amazing.
The green in the pockets is the perfect touch. Lucky Marie, oh and Scott!

Natalie said...

Fantastic job Joy! I love the 'roar' applique on the back, I need to branch out to do different things like this myself.