Sunday 13 July 2008

Anyone for mint slice?


I haven't done a whole lot on these this week - just stitched the elastic in and the pocket on today so I had something to show for the week. Instead I have been busy working on Helen's round robin border which took me much longer than I thought, but well worth the effort as it came out even better than I had hoped! It's off to Emma as soon as Austy is well again and unlikely to infect anyone. Yep, that's right he's sick again. Not gastro this time but a "virus" which sounds suspiciously to me like a chest infection in the making. He has had a temp over 39 which needed regular doses of panadol to keep down since yesterday afternoon so I took him to the 7 day medical centre this afternoon to get it checked out and have been told he looked alert (hyeah righ - he could hardly keep his eyes open and was glued to my lap instead of tearing around the waiting room like he usually does) and if he still had a temp tomorrow to bring him back for antibiotics. Hmmm... we'll see, although I'm certain I will have to take him back tomorrow.


Anyway, back onto the longies... I tried to make these for a 3m old sized baby considering we're due in December and bub would be much better off in just shorties or soakers at that time of year, but this wool begged to be longies rather than two soakers. They look minature to me, fit only for a doll but Austy's dad thinks they look too big... we'll see. I am not as impressed as I thought I'd be as I was hoping for a unisex look, but the chunkiness of them as well as the cables makes them look a bit boyish, and I have an incling we are having a girl (of couse it is just that - a hunch - and we could just as easily be having another boy!). Oh well, maybe if we do have a girl I can team them up with a girly top with maybe a green appliqued bird with brown beak and legs or something.

I added the pocket for a bit of a smile - I love the supurflous pockets on baby clothes. It gave me a giggle when Austy was born and I remember a chat with my sister in law about how ridiculously cute tiny pockets were, even though there is minimal chance anything will ever go in them!

6 comments:

Emma said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, and with the right top would look perfect on a girl, too! You know my fingers are crossed for a girl for you this time! Love the cabling detail! Just give me a yell when you're ready to meet - I've not touched AJ's RR yet, so no rush!

Corrie said...

oh they are cute as is that cute cupcake outfit just below!!!!!

c-u-t-e

Corrie:)

Kylie said...

They are great Joy - well done - I love the little pockets on kids clothes - useless but cute (they are however big enough to pop a dummy in away from big sister)

Sue said...

Oh they are adorable. I could see them being worn by a little girl too.

mames said...

just caught up with your blog (and added you to my bloglines, so easy to lose people when bloglines is involved) so

congrats on number 2! yay.

hope austy is feeling better.

i wanna see what the black/white/re shall be. hope you can tell us soon.

AJ said...

Great Joy...I can see a boy or girl in them! and Definitly 'Mint Slice'...off to check off there are any in the fridge! :)