Sunday 14 October 2007

Why I love knitting on circulars...

Look at this - I can sit outside in the sunshine, watch Austy while he plays with his toy lawn mower and mini Sherrin, and then, when he veers too close to the edge of the retaining wall, I can throw the knitting, run and grab him and return to no dropped stitches, or lost needles. Fantastic! If only I had thought of that weeks ago instead of standing around bored out of my brains, because he won't let me play too - Austy has to do everything himself now, including playing out the back! (This is my rather brave attempt at mixing colours a bit differently - bordering on gawdy granny knits, but I don't know, it "sort" of goes!)


And just because I can, I am going to show off my woolly prize from the knittery that I mentioned a few posts down, and my latest equilter parcel. The monkey stuff is to go with my charm squares for bub #2's roll around and throw up on quilt, and the others are just because I liked them. I think the aqua, pink and bubbles are destined for my oldest niece and the cute lamby fabric was picked out for a friend who's preggas, if I get brave enough to make her bub a throw up on quilt...

Yesterday we had Mummy and Me time at Hazelwood Park, a beautiful spot to feed the ducks, not one annoying pidgeon in sight (at our local park the pidgeons outnumber the ducks and leave nice little "gifts" on the pram or on us!) and to stroll through to the playground area. Enough room for Austy to walk by himself without danger of getting out onto the road. We were delighted to see a new family of ducks - Mummy Duck, Daddy Duck and 8 little ducklings, about 1-2 days old. So sweet!! And two little black ducks among the bunch. It made my day to see them in all their fluffiness.

Oh, and we went to Nanna's 75th birthday last weekend and we were the ones that got gifts - check out Austy's new hand knitted jumper in the pics above! Nanna was given someone elses unfinished project that she ripped back, washed the yarn and knitted into this cute little jumper and hat for our boy. I love the colours. Suits him perfectly. Pitty he wouldn't keep the hat on though, he wanted to wear the one I made him... and the mittens and the scarf. It wasn't THAT cold, but I took this pic before we took it all off again and went to the park.

5 comments:

AJ said...

My Goodness how grown up does Austin look!!!

Leah said...

Hmm..knitting in a circle - sounds crazy to me! I don't know how you do it, you're very clever. And isn't Austy just gorgeous!

Lily Mulholland said...

Cute! We saw some tiny ducklings yesterday on our bike ride. They are just divine :)

Anonymous said...

Can't get on with circulars myself. How gorgeous is that Knittery yarn! Congrats :-) Your little one is just so gorgeous! I haven't seen ducks or ducklings for months, maybe years :-(

Sue said...

Austin looks adorable in his new jumper knit by his nanna. It looks great and the scarf and hat, and mittens are cute too. At least he likes to wear handknitted items, and dont kids love feeding the ducks bread.